Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome.



I really dislike the obligatory introduction that begins every new blog.  But nonetheless, I do find it obligatory.  So here goes . . .

My name is Geneva and I am many things: sister, daughter, step-child, step-parent, alcoholic who is active in my own recovery, recovered bulimic, wannabe buddhist, mama to four grey kitties, fiance to a very tall and handsome photographer with a dream in pizza restauranteering, writer and inventor of strange words, community theatre actress, and I am now embarking on my latest role, that of mommy-to-be.

There are a lot of things that I aspire to do with my life, the latest of course being that I want to be an amazing mother to the nine week old baby in my belly.

These are my beautiful step-children:

(Because what's a blog without photos?)


Noah Benjamin is the cheeky little three-year-old on the left.  He turns four the beginning of July.
Emma Danielle is the beautiful princess to his right.  She just turned five this St. Patrick's Day, but she is four in this photo.

Here's another one of her, pretending to read Daddy's Nintendo Power.  So proud of that little girl.  My only picture of Noah by himself ended up being a video, and it did horrible things to my formatting when I tried to put it on here, so I will get more photos up the next time they come to visit.

Oh yes, the sad thing about my beautiful step-children is that they live hundreds of miles away from us.  We're in Idaho, they're in California with their mother.  We get to see them about three times a year.  My favorite few weeks of the year.  Haven't seen them since Christmas, so they are due for another visit in a month or two.


Back to happy news! Here is a picture that we got yesterday of my little gummy bear in my belly:


Little head, two bitsy arm buds and the body.  It even wiggled for us.  And had a heartbeat of 181.  I could not be prouder.  I cried for hours after seeing my baby for the first time.  With all that I put my body through during my teenage years, I am AMAZED that my body can sustain life. 

I will get some cute pictures up of df and me in a little bit, all the photos that I have are old and in bad light.  Kids are cute no matter what, but I need to be well-showered and groomed to be presentable enough to go up on Teh Interwebs.  :)

Alright, this feels like a lengthy-enough opening. Now for the real fun: posting on a regular basis.  Hooray for the end of obligatory formalities!!  Haha.

1 comment: