Monday, March 28, 2011

Mr. Bentley

So, there is good news on many fronts.

My Medicaid was accepted, so I no longer have to worry about how in the world I am going to manage to pay for the birth and prenatal care of this baby, HOORAY!!!

Also: my good friend Katie just recently had a little baby boy named Bentley, and she let me come over and visit with him for a few hours on Saturday, and I must say, I think I am going to do a good job at this mom thing.  He is sooo adorable, and she is an amazing mommy, but she let me carry him around and change a diaper, and I really don't think that motherhood is going to be as terrifying as I once thought.

The pictures of the two of us are really blurry because he insists on being bounced at all times.  Little cutie.
















Yeah, I think I will be alright.

Also, my energy has been returning, bit by bit.  I've been able to actually leave the house during the day instead of just sitting curled up on the couch.  Hence, getting to go meet Mr. Bentley.

My mother is making the adjustment very well.  I expected that she would be upset when she first found out about the baby in my belly, and she was, she just hid it from me.  But she seems to be coming around, for which I am grateful.  I think that she is very well suited for Grandmahood, and I am excited to be the one to give it to her.  Even if I am "too young" and unmarried.  Big deal.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment