Monday, July 25, 2011

Never thought it would happen to me.

Just got out of the hospital after a three hour stay to stop a bit of pre-term labor.  Oops.

On the one hand I am glad that they told me that it was, indeed, pre-term labor, meaning I am not a crazy person who just likes to go see doctors for fun, I knew something was the matter and it was.  On the other hand, that was a terrifying and lonely experience that I never want to repeat again.

I sat in my little room, alone, curtain closed hooked up to monitors and had to wait for the nurses to come in to ask permission to go to the bathroom.  I understand that hospitals are a lot busier, but the whole atmosphere was cold and unwelcoming.  Not to mention I had to get a doctor as an "unclaimed patient" because I see midwives now.  Just not very friendly and not very fun.  And the medicine came with a huge warning packet about "do not give to pregnant women".  :/

So, having experienced hospital reaction to birth, pregnancy and all of the above, I am both incredibly grateful for the institution and never ever ever ever ever want to go there again.  I'm glad that they made the contractions stop and helped saved Coyote, but I really really really had to pee on several occasions and they didn't appear to hear my "excuse me?  excuse me?"s.  Don't get me wrong, the nurses were nice, but I was crying and didn't even get offered a tissue.  It's just the policies in place.  They see way too many bad things to be able to connect to pregnant women on a human level.

Now my phone is dead and I can't update a lot of people who I'm sure are dying to know how I'm doing, but at least I have my status posted somewhere on the internet, so if they dig dig dig, they will find out.

I'm exhausted now and on orders for modified bedrest.  And once my phone is charged I have about ten billion phone calls to make, so I think I'm just going to sleep for a spell and gather my energy.

<3.

No comments:

Post a Comment