Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Me Hungry.

Thinking about making a nice Mac' N Cheese casserole for BG for dinner.  Mmmm.

I'm 11 weeks 4 days preggo and the morning sickness is finally starting to ease off.  I did, however, wake up this morning and promptly dry-heaved all over the bed.  Poor BG, not fun for either of us.

But now I'm up, I've had my Zofran, and I'm drooling over food network.  OMG.

I really enjoy the fact that the majority of women on food network that they show cooking are not itty bitty skinny bitches that can eat and eat and not gain weight, but instead beautiful, curvy, healthy women who are not shy about their god-given need to eat and their skills at cooking.  It makes me feel better about myself.

This morning at the 7am AA meeting that I went to, a woman before the meeting saw me eating my bagel and cream cheese and told me, I swear to God, that I needed to "watch what I eat" because "the baby's going to get fat."

I felt so mean, but I looked her straight in the eyes and told her, "please do not tell the ex-bulimic what to eat or weigh."  I mean, really?  Where do people get off?  Not to mention that it's a whole grain blueberry bagel, the cream cheese is a good serving of dairy and I also had a snack pack of carrots.  I was blown away that she had the nerve to talk to me like that.

I found a shirt online the other day that says:

"I don't care about your labor stories, or what to name my child, no you cannot touch my belly and yes I'm going to eat that. Now go away."

After telling BG what the lady said to me, he told me that he is going to buy me that shirt and make me wear it to the meeting every morning.  Haha.  Good job cheering me up, honey!!  Such a love.

One of the most remarkable things about Ben is that he is always, ALWAYS on my side.  No matter what.  In our relationship, of course, there may be disagreements here or there, but in our dealings with other people, he always agrees with me.  I admire that about him, because I have no problem pointing out when I think his mom is right and he's wrong, but he never does that to me.

I guess I still have a bit to learn about love.

But I have plenty of time to learn it in.

Now: to go make dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment